Witnesses – What Can They Do?
If you see someone being bullied, speak up!
- When students are willing to say they think something is wrong, they can make a difference.
- Let others know that you don’t accept bullying at your school, and others will be more willing to speak up, too.
- If you see bullying, you can tell a grown-up. Telling is not tattling. It’s okay to tell. Reach out!
- Tell the kid who is being bullied that he or she doesn’t deserve to be treated that way. Nobody does.
- Ask friends to join you in being a kid against bullying.
Telling vs. Tattling
A lot of kids say that they don’t want to tell an adult about bullying because they don’t want to be called a tattle-tale. But there’s a big difference between “telling” and “tattling.”
It’s okay to tell an adult when you see bullying.
In fact, it’s a really smart thing to do!