How Bullying Feels
Kids talk about how it feels to be bullied.
Girl Scout Troup 136
This video was created by a group of young girls, who shared the following advice.
What you should know!
- Bullying is not okay!
- We have a right to feel safe, and not be hit or teased.
- Be treated fairly, and with respect.
- Be accepted for who we are.
- Be free of negative peer pressure.
What should I do if my friend or I are being bulling?
- If you are bullied at school, tell your teacher, school counselor, or principal. Telling is not tattling.
- Try not to show anger or fear. Students who bully like to see that they can upset you.
- Most important don’t fight back. Calmly tell the person to stop, and or say nothing and then walk away.
- If you are nervous about talking with an adult at school, ask a friend or a parent to go with you.
How should you deal with someone who is bullying you?
- Don’t show emotions and don’t get physical.
- Act confidently and tell the them to STOP!
- Walk away quickly and calmly.
- Tell an adult immediately.